“Sharding is the future of scalability”, this is the statement by none other than Vitalik Buterin and Shardeum is making it possible.
Blockchain Trilemma or Scalibility Trilemma is coined by Vitalik Buterin, the Founder of Ethereum Blockchain solved by Shardeum Blockchain.
The scalability trilemma or Blockchain trilemma says that there are three properties that a blockchain try to have, and that, if you stick to “simple” techniques, you can only get two of those three. The three properties are:
- Scalability: the chain can process more transactions than a single regular node (think: a consumer laptop) can verify.
- Decentralization: the chain can run without any trust dependencies on a small group of large centralized actors. This is typically interpreted to mean that there should not be any trust (or even honest-majority assumption) of a set of nodes that you cannot join with just a consumer laptop.
- Security: the chain can resist a large percentage of participating nodes trying to attack it (ideally 50%; anything above 25% is fine, 5% is definitely not fine).
Shardeum Sharding technique gets you all three
Shardeum blockchain is:
- Scalable: it can process far more transactions than a single node
- Decentralized: it can survive entirely on consumer laptops, with no dependency on “supernodes” whatsoever
- Secure: an attacker can’t target a small part of the system with a small amount of resources; they can only try to dominate and attack the whole thing
Highlights on Shardeum Blockchain
- Shardeum is EVM compatible and supports Solidity and Vyper, smart contract languages.
- In each Shard there will be 128 nodes
- In Each node of Shardeum process 1 transaction per second, 100k nodes will process 100k transactions per second.
- Shardeum works on transaction level Consensus achieved using Proof of Quorum(PoQ) and Proof of Stake(PoS) Algorithm.
- Shardeum operates on Dynamic State Sharding with linear TPS per node scaling type and supports archive nodes
- Shardeum follows OCC(Open, Collaborative, and Community) principles as their guiding principles
About Swapped Finance
Swapped Finance is a next generation state sharded AMM built for scalability and is immune to front-running with Shardeum at its core. As a DEX (Decentralized Exchange), Swapped Finance will have AMM (Automated Market Maker) protocol integration which will be essential for priced assets to be algorithmically and efficiently swapped for users to smart contract transactions. Swapped Finance will also have Yield Farming, Staking, Limit orders, Margin orders, launchpad and Lending & borrowing.